Last Updated: 3/30/16
1. What Personal Information Does Loyal Shops Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, additional social contacts, use of information regarding your use of our Service, and browser and mobile phone information. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Personalization Information: We receive and use information that helps us to understand what types of rewards and offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have shared offers and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information: We collect and use information about how you interact with Loyal Shops, such as Loyalty Card rewards and offers you view, reserve, share, and redeem; other information about how you use our Service, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Loyal Shops merchants, its business partners, and service providers. Business partners may include 3rd parties that Loyal Shops contracts with, for the purpose of improving the consumer experience and service providers include internet service providers where we store information and transmit information to and from their servers and webhosting.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Loyal Shops service or application (“the Service”), Loyal Shops may automatically receives and records information on our or our service provider server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and pages you may have requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Loyal Shops only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our business partners about how our customers, collectively, use our Service, so that our business partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
2. How is My Information Collected?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. Loyal Shops may share your Personal Information only as described below. We ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, reserve and redeem Loyal Shops offers, or otherwise interact with the Service or contact Loyal Shops.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with Loyal Shops or the Service, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application. For example, if you use a Loyal Shops mobile application and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect Mobile Location Information from your device. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
3. How Do We Use Your Information?
Loyal Shops uses your Personal Information for the following:
- To operate, and improve your experience with, our Service.
- To provide you with rewards and offers that are relevant based on customer interest, location, history, and other characteristics to deliver a valuable experience.
- To perform analytics by tracking reserve, redeem, and scan information
- To provide customer support to you and our merchants, or business partners
- To communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Loyal Shops and our merchants and business partners, such as Loyal Shops news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials.
- To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, service bulletins and support, marketing and administrative messages.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Merchants you are currently interacting or doing business with. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information about the individuals who have purchased the merchants’ Loyal Shops offers, to send you customized offers, to validate the purchases you made, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, and to facilitate a direct relationship between merchants and customers and enable merchants to communicate electronically with customers, like yourself, who purchased the merchants’ Loyal Shop offers.
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Loyal Shops) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. We expect our service providers will either be bound by law or contract with us to protect the Personal Information and they are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Loyal Shops business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Loyal Shops and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate.
- Effect a merger with Loyal Shops and a 3rd party, an acquisition by Loyal Shops, or a sale of Loyal Shops or substantially all of its assets, which could include customer lists and information; to support the sale or transfer of Loyal Shops business assets or review of such sale or opportunity to acquire Loyal Shops by a 3rd party; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request for information; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including providing information to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Loyal Shops is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email or by prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- If you opt into the sharing features with your “friends” network on Loyal Shops, Facebook, Twitter, or any other supported social media/network, your information is accessible as permitted with respect to such networks and your “friends” or others with access to such networks can see the location and time of each of your views, sharing, reserves, and redemptions on Loyal Shops offers, your first name and username, photo, hometown, associated offers, links to your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Loyal Shops account), a list of your friends, tips you write, and notes you have made on behalf of Loyal Shops or our merchants. Individuals that are “friends” (Loyal Shops, Facebook, Twitter, etc. friends) may use this information or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control or permission and without your knowledge or permission.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
4. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Service, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Service and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user i.d. if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences (e.g., the cities for which you want to be shown Loyal Shops offers). Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure responses to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Service, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Service. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Service and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about Site users to optimize our Sites and understand its traffic and usage patterns. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
Additionally, if the settings on your location-aware device allow us to receive Location Information, we will collect that automatically. If we associate Location Information with other Personal Information, this Privacy Statement governs how we would use that information too.
5. Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Loyal Shops account Personal Information, if any is stored is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer, mobile phone, and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Loyal Shops endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private and when possible and appropriate, we use secure passing of data. Loyal Shops cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
6. International Users
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
7. What Personal Information Can I Access?
Loyal Shops allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Loyal Shops website or application by visiting the user settings page in applications that store personal data. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, home city, photo)
- Usage information (for example, offer history)
- Social media logins
8. How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Loyal Shops account, you may do so by sending a “delete account” request to support@Loyalshops.com that includes the email, phone number, or Facebook username you used to sign up for Loyal Shops service. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your offer and reward history will be removed from the site and deleted from Loyal Shop servers. Because of the way we maintain Loyal Shop data, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media.
9. How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media.
11. What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to:support@LoyalShops.com We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.